Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ready, set...

After months of anticipation, today's the day I pack up and ship out to DC to begin my internship at Sojourners! I would be lying if I said there wasn't a bit of anxiety clinging to the corners of all my preparations, but that's normal, and with nothing left to do but go, it's all excitement from here. I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow interns and jumping in with both feet!


Before I left Atlanta, a wonderful group of women surrounded me with their love and blessing on my new adventure. I offer up their prayer on behalf of all of us who are in the midst of dislocation/relocation or any other sort of transition right now -- and, while I'm at it, for everyone else too:
May God the Father bless us.
May God the Son heal us.
May God the Holy Spirit enlighten us,
and give us
eyes to see with,
ears to hear with,
hands to do the work of God with,
feet to walk with,
a mouth to preach the word of salvation with,
and the angel of peace to watch over us and lead us at last, by our Lord’s gift, to the Kingdom.
Amen.

Ready, set, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... GO!

1 comment:

  1. You go, Emily! You'll have a great year--because of who you are and because of the God in whom you trust!
    Love you, Linda Terry

    ReplyDelete